Health and information – Everyone certainly does not want to experience anxiety disorder, because the disease can interfere with their daily activities. For that we must know whether we have the anxiety disorder. Please note that anxiety disorders that have been acute can cause undesirable things, such as suicidal thoughts, fear of leaving the house, or fear of deep water, and so forth.
Below are the symptoms that occur in people with anxiety disorders:
- Always feeling tense
- Feeling anxious, even for trivial matters
- Feeling grumpy
- Always restless and can not be calm
- Feeling always scared
- Feeling difficult to concentrate
- Feeling nauseous and want to vomit
- Feeling sick to your stomach
- Feeling a headache
- Heartbeat beats faster
- Excessive sweating
- The body feels shaking
- Muscles throughout the body feel tense
- Being easily shocked
- Shortness of breath
In fact, some people with anxiety disorders can interfere with their sleep due to insomnia. On average, anxiety is a natural thing that happens to everyone. However, if this happens excessively, it will have an impact on daily life, even on the association and the surrounding environment.
Then How to Overcome Anxiety Disorders?
If you experience anxiety disorders, it is better to immediately discuss with your doctor. Excessive anxiety will not go away on its own. In fact, the anxiety felt can get worse over time. Before going to the doctor, you can overcome anxiety disorders independently at home with the steps below:
- Look for other activities that can calm the mind. In this case, you can do activities that you like, like listening to music, watching movies, reading books, or meditating.
- Take a shower or soak in warm water. This is useful for relaxing tense muscles.
- Doing light exercise for 30 minutes is useful to reduce anxiety. Exercise can also be done to make you feel calmer.
- Use aromatherapy when going to sleep, so that the mind becomes more relaxed.
- Do new things that have never been done before, like climbing mountains or snorkeling in the sea.
- Eat healthy and nutritionally balanced foods. In dealing with anxiety or depression, you can reduce the consumption of refined sugar and carbohydrates. Increase the intake of B vitamins in the body. Depression can be triggered due to lack of B vitamin content in the body.
- Enough rest. To overcome the feeling of excessive anxiety, you can try changing sleep patterns, at least 7 hours per day and take naps at least 30 minutes every day.
- Try to keep thinking positive, because excessive anxiety will get worse with constant negative thoughts.
When a series of ways have been done, but it also does not alleviate anxiety disorders that you experience, do not hesitate to seek help from a psychologist. Anxiety is a mental health condition that can be difficult to treat if you don’t resolve it immediately.