Healthzia – Are you interested in doing yoga? If you haven’t had time to meet up with your yoga trainer or take a class, there are some basic yoga moves you can try at home.
Yoga is an approach to life that values appropriate effort, based on balance and harmony, within each person and with each other.
Yoga movements are actually not too difficult, it’s just that you need to be careful in doing them in order to get maximum results.
Basic Yoga Moves for Beginners
Yoga is a sport that is not only good for the physical, but also for the mental. Yoga is not only physical, but also can help us relax the mind.
Want to try yoga at home? Here are 8 basic yoga moves you can try!
1. Mountain Pose
Mountain pose is basically a basic yoga pose for any standing pose.
This pose teaches you how to step on your feet and feel the earth below. Although these movements are simple, they can be very useful to train your posture.
How to do the mountain pose yoga movement is as follows:
- Start standing with your feet together
- Press down on all of your toes and leave them open
- Engage the thighs to lift the kneecaps to lift the inner thighs
- Pull your stomach in and up and puff out your chest
- Press the tops of the shoulders down
- Take a deep, slow, deep breath
- Hold for 3-5 breaths
You can also raise your arms in this motion. If you want to raise your hands, make sure your arms are level with your ears and spread your arms slightly apart if needed.
2. Tree Pose
The yoga tree pose is done by relying on balance and to train your focus. You are also required to learn to breathe while standing and keeping your body balanced on one leg
The way to do the tree pose is as follows:
- Start standing with your feet together
- Place your right foot on the inner left thigh
- Bring your hands together in front of your chest
- Hold for 8-10 breaths, then switch sides
3. Warrior I Pose
The warrior I movement is important to build strength and stamina in yoga practice. This movement can train our self-confidence. In addition, the yoga warrior I pose is also useful for stretching the hips and thighs and building strength throughout the core and lower part.
How to do the yoga warrior I:
- Face to the right, then step your left foot forward in a bent position
- Let the right leg stretch straight back
- Raise both hands up parallel to the shoulders
- Do 3-5 breaths, continuing on the other side
4. Warrior II Pose
The next beginner yoga movement is the warrior II movement. This movement is not much different from the previous warrior movement and has several functions such as strengthening and stretching the legs, stretching the groin, chest, lungs and shoulders, stimulating the abdominal organs, increasing stamia, and relieving back pain.
How to do the yoga warrior II is as follows:
- Stand facing forward, then spread your legs apart
- Stretch your left leg and form a 90 degree angle with your right leg straight, then turn your head to the left
- Extend both hands parallel to the clothes
- Do 3-5 breaths, then continue with the next side
5. Triangle Pose
A yoga movement for beginners that you can try is the triangle pose. This position has several functions such as stretching the waist, opening the lungs, strengthening the legs, and toning the body.
How to do a triangle pose is as follows:
- Start with the Warrior II move
- Place your left hand on the ground
- Bring your hands up and parallel to your left hand
- Hold 5-10 breaths, then switch sides
6. Child’s Pose
This yoga movement includes simple basic yoga movements and is of course very suitable for beginners.
Child’s pose is a yoga movement that is useful for stretching the hips, thighs, and ankles. In addition, this movement can help calm the brain, relieve stress, relieve fatigue, and relieve back pain.
How to do a child’s pose movement is as follows:
- Kneel on the floor, put your fingers together and sit on your heels, then knees hip-width apart
- Lie down between your thighs in a prostration position
- Extend your arms to the front and relax
- Do this pose for 1-3 minutes
7. Cobra Pose
Beginner yoga exercises that can be done at home are the cobra pose.
This movement is useful for strengthening the spine, stretching the chest, shoulders and stomach, tightening the buttocks, stimulating the abdominal organs, helping to relieve stress, soothing a sore pelvis, and can also be a therapy for asthma.
How to do the yoga cobra pose is as follows:
- Lie on your stomach on the floor and stretch your legs back
- Extend your arms on the floor, under your shoulders
- Inhale and begin to extend your arms to lift your chest off the floor
- Hold the pose for 15 to 30 seconds
8. Seated Forward Bend
The next yoga movement is called the seated forward bend.
This movement is useful for calming the brain, reducing depression, stretching the spine, shoulders and hamstrings, stimulating the liver, kidneys, ovaries and uterus, improving digestion, overcoming menstrual pain. This yoga movement is also believed to be a therapy for hypertension, infertility, insomnia, and sinusitis.
How to perform a seated forward bend motion is as follows:
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched forward, flex your legs, and sit up straight with your back straight
- Bend over and reach for the soles of your feet with both hands
- Keep your legs and back straight
- Hold this movement for 1-3 minutes
These are some of the basic yuga movements that are easy to do at home. Please try to practice it to get a healthy body, physically and mentally.