Healthzia – What are the best and relaxation techniques that you usually do at home? If you answer sitting on the sofa while watching television or listening to music, it is actually less effective at reducing stress.
Then what are the best and relaxation techniques that are effective and can be done at home? here’s the information for you.
Relaxation can be a way to deal with stress. High levels of stress can lead to several diseases, such as heart disease, headaches, anxiety disorders, and depression.
So bad is the impact of stress on health, so you need to manage it properly.
Some people experiencing stress and anxiety practice relaxation techniques to help them feel better. There are a variety of relaxation techniques that people can try, but they may not be right for everyone.
Relaxation doesn’t need to be complicated or expensive. The most important thing is to be right on target to deal with the stress you are experiencing.
You can do regular relaxation at home, either alone or with a partner or friend.
Are the best and relaxation techniques useful for mental health?
In life, we may not be able to completely avoid stress.
Work piles up, traffic jams are some of the things that can make your blood pressure rise, and of course make us even more stressed.
But there are ways in the form of relaxation techniques that can relieve stress that is beating you. Starting from deep breathing exercises, meditation, to massage.
It turns out that if you learn the best and relaxation techniques properly, you will get a lot of benefits, including:
- Reduces muscle tension
- Make sleep better
- Relieve fatigue
- Improve concentration
- Lower blood pressure
- Overcoming digestive problems
- Slows down the heart rate
- Maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Improve blood flow
What are the best and relaxation techniques that you can do at home?
There are a number of relaxation techniques you can try to recover from a variety of stressors.
Below is some information for you about the best and relaxation techniques that you can try.
1. Deep breathing exercises
Even though it looks simple, breathing exercises are very effective at making you more relaxed. You can do this by:
- Inhale through your nose for 2-4 seconds
- Hold your breath for 2-4 seconds
- Exhale for 2-4 seconds
- Hold your breath again for 2-4 seconds
- Repeat as necessary
2. Progressive muscle relaxation
This relaxation technique requires you to tighten and relax various muscle groups, so you can relax more.
To avoid muscle cramps, you can do this method with deep breathing exercises. You can do this technique by:
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable room away from noise
- Tighten your leg muscles for five seconds
- Then relax the muscles for five seconds
- Extend your toes so they don’t cramp
- Tighten and relax the calf muscles again for the same duration
- Next, tighten and relax the muscles of the hips and buttocks
- Then, also do the same method on the muscles of the stomach and chest
- After that, tighten your shoulder muscles and relax
- You can then tighten your facial muscles by wrinkling your face while closing your eyes for 5 seconds
- Then relax the facial muscles for 5 seconds
- Finally, relax your hand muscles by clenching your fists for 5 seconds and slowly releasing your fists for 5 seconds
3. With Meditation
Experts say that regular meditation can change the neural pathways of the muscles. With this, people are more immune to stress.
For beginners, you don’t need to do long meditation. A few minutes per day is also enough to help you calm down.
Do meditation in easy ways like the way below:
- Sit straight on the floor, but keep your position relaxed
- Close your eyes slowly
- Focus on your mantra, such as “I feel at peace” or “I love myself”
- Place one hand on your stomach to chant the mantra with your breath
- Imagine the thoughts that have been bothering you from flying and disappearing into the clouds.
4. Warm compress technique
Warm compresses are not only for people who are sick. You can also use it to relieve stress and anxiety.
Below are ways you can do the warm compress technique, including:
- Wet a cloth or towel with warm water
- Place the cloth or towel around your neck and shoulders for 10 seconds
- Close your eyes and relax the muscles of your face, neck, upper chest, and back
- Remove the compress, then massage the muscles with a massage tool that you have to relieve tension.
5. Visualization techniques
In this technique, you use your imagination to get rid of the tantrum of negative thoughts. Some people choose to do visualization with the help of applications that contain sound to make it easier.
You can do a visualization technique with the steps below:
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position
- Visualize the beautiful memories you have been through or the pleasant atmosphere that suits you
- Use your 5 senses to sharpen that imagination
- Keep imagining for as long as you like, possibly with some deep breathing exercises
You can do some of the best and relaxation techniques that have been mentioned above anytime and anywhere.
To get the maximum benefits, this method should be followed by a healthy lifestyle. For example, regular exercise, adequate sleep duration, and eating a balanced nutritious diet.
If your stress and anxiety levels persist despite applying these relaxation techniques, it is advisable to visit a doctor or psychiatrist. The doctor will provide a more effective treatment for the stress or anxiety that you experience.
That is the information we can convey about best and relaxation techniques. Do a healthy lifestyle so that various kinds of mental illness are not easy to attack us.